Effective Date: July 1, 2018
Capitalized terms that are not defined in these Security Measures have the meanings set forth in the Terms of Service or the Data Processing Addendum.
L has a security team that guides the implementation of controls, processes, and procedures governing the security of L and its customers. The L security team is responsible for developing, implementing and maintaining an information security program that reflects the following principles:
- Align security activities with L's strategies and support L's objectives.
- Leverage security to facilitate confidentiality, integrity, and availability of data and assets.
- Utilize L's security resources efficiently and effectively.
- Utilize monitoring and metrics to facilitate adequate performance of security related activities.
- Manage security utilizing a risk based approach.
- Implement measures designed to manage risks and potential impacts to an acceptable level.
- Leverage industry security frameworks where relevant and applicable.
- Leverage compliance/assurance processes as necessary.
- Analyze identified or potential threats to L and its customers, provide reasonable remediation recommendations, and communicate results as appropriate.
Data Center Security, Availability, and Disaster Recovery
- L leverages leading data center providers to house our physical infrastructure.
- Our data center providers utilize an array of security equipment, techniques and procedures designed to control, monitor, and record access to the facilities.
- We have implemented solutions designed to protect against and mitigate effects of DDoS attacks.
- We have teams located in multiple geographies to support our platform and supporting infrastructure.
Application Level Security
- L hashes passwords for user accounts and provides SSL for customers.
- L utilizes Web Application Firewall (WAF) technology.
- Regular pen testing is performed on the L platform, the results of which are analyzed and remediated (as appropriate) by our engineering and security teams.
- Customers are provided the ability to customize website permissioning.
- In the event of an issue related to the security of the L platform, the L security team follows a formal incident response process.
- We analyze identified or potential threats to L and its customers, provide reasonable remediation recommendations, and communicate results as appropriate.
L Building and Network Access
- Physical access to L offices and access to the L internal network is restricted and monitored.
Systems Access Control
- Access to L systems is limited to appropriate personnel.
- L subscribes to the principle of least privilege (e.g., employees, system accounts, vendors, etc. are provided with the least amount of access for their job function).
Security Risk Management
Threat intelligence and risk assessment are key components of L's information security program. Awareness and understanding of potential (and actual) threats guides the selection and implementation of appropriate security controls to mitigate risk. Potential security threats are identified, and assessed for severity and exploitability prior to being classified as risks. If risk mitigation is required, the security team works with relevant stakeholders and system owners to remediate. The remediation efforts are tested to confirm the new measures/controls have achieved their intended purpose.